Hi friends! In this weeks blog post I wanted to talk about toxic habits. We all have them! Some of us are more aware of them, while others pretend they don’t exist. You may also think these things are normal!
I think 2020 is stressful enough. One great thing about this year though, is that it is the year we should really be working on ourselves and trying to grow! With that being said I put together a list of toxic habits to toss this year!
1. Stressing About Thing That Are Out Of Your Control. This is a total happiness killer. I know when I start to worry like that I end up in a spiral that is hard to get out of. So many things are out of our control. There is power in letting go of that.
2. Not Letting Go- To follow up with that, not letting go and holding on to stuff is extremely toxic. Imagine if you didn’t let go of anything and you wandered through life holding onto things from the past.
3. Comparison- Ugh the ultimate joy killer! It is so easy to compare ourselves to others and start to feel really bad about where our life is and what we could be doing that we aren’t. My mom always told me that if everyone put their crap out on a table and you got to really see it, she would still choose her own any day. You never really know what life is like for someone else, so be grateful for your own crap!
4. Not Forgiving Yourself- STOP being so hard on yourself! Let it go and move on. We are all human and we are all flawed. Forgive yourself. Trust me it feels great once you do!
5. Quit Staying In Your Comfort Zone- I said what I said! How do you expect to grow if you don’t get out of your comfort zone? When I do I always end up happy with the results. Even if it doesn’t go the way I want it to, I still pushed myself and tried!
I hope you loved these and that you feel a little bit more motivated to kick old crap to the dirt! You won’t regret it. Bettering yourself is an amazing feeling.