I just recently celebrated a birthday and I thought a great way to commemorate that was to write a blog post about some things I have learned during my 23 years!
1. Good things take time. Sometimes waiting is so hard but in the end it’s worth it.
2. Don’t start something you know you won’t finish.
3. Always try to keep your word. If you make a commitment try not to back out.
4. On the other hand sometimes it’s okay to say no when you need to.
5. Set boundaries. It’s okay to set boundaries and make sure people respect them.
6. Don’t be scared to be vulnerable. Showing your feelings is not weakness.
7. Treat yourself. Having a bad day? Do something for you.
8. Self care is SO important. Take a bath, do a mask, meditate.
9. Stop saying sorry so much. You don’t always need to apologize.
10. It’s okay to stay home and do nothing. Don’t feel bad for taking a mental health day.
11. Like what you like. It’s okay if nobody else likes it.
12. Always try to see someone else’s perspective.
13. Be kind. Everyone has their own battle going on.
14. Read self help books. Even if you don’t think you need help.
15. Take things one day at a time. Don’t stress about the future.
16. Surround yourself with people who build you up. Don’t let people hold you back.
17. It’s okay to let go of people. Not everyone is meant to be in your life forever.
18. Take time to stop what you are going and just be.
19. Don’t let people dictate your feelings.
20. Also don’t let anyone tell you your feelings are wrong.
21. Eat the desserts. Don’t worry about the calories all the time.
22. Don’t be scared of new things. You never know where they may lead.
23. Girl time is the best. Soak up those moments with your besties.